The Program supports the reform at the national, provincial, cantonal and municipal level through three components: 1. State reform, 2. Fiscal management and financial relations within the Sate, 3. coordinated and decentralised provision of public services. The objective with regard to component 3 has been to support the territorial public administrations in order for them to provide their services considering the needs of the population and in the context of their formal competences.
- Advise to the institutions of the decentralised public administration in the design and implementation of their policies and strategies.
- Advise to public, social and private actors in participation and communication methods.
- Analysis of limitations and conflicts in the process of vertical coordination of public investments.
- Advise in the implementation of modes of citizen participation and social control.
- Advice to municipalities in the revision of their internal structures and procedures.
- Support organisational and institutional change.
- Design of training modules and support in their implementation.
- Design, analysis and implementation of management and operation models for public service provision by intermunicipal associations and private-public partnership.
- Analysis of norms and legal aspects for the establishment of intermunicipal associations and private-public partnership.
- Strengthening of the cooperation with local comities and universities regarding approaches for better public service provision.
- Training in the integrated management of public services (portable water, waste water, solid waste etc.).