The purpose of this project is to implement a research and training component at the intersection of two interventions:
the project “Promotion of Employment and Occupational Integration in Rural Areas” (Promotion de l’Emploi et de l’Insertion Rurale en Mauritanie, PELIMIR) funded by the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ); and
the programme “Institutional Strengthening in Mauritania for Agro-Pastoral Resilience” (Renforcement Institutionnel en Mauritanie vers la Résilience Agro-Pastorale, RIMRAP) which was designed by the European Union.
Overall, this programme component supports the institutional strengthening of agro-pastoral research and training institutes in the pilot regions of Guidimakha, Assaba, Hodh el Gharbi, and Hodh el Charki in southern Mauritania. It supports the two research institutes CNRADA (in Kaédi) and CNERV (in Nouakchott) as well as the three higher education and training institutes ENFVA (in Kaédi), CFPET (in Boghé), and ISET (in Rosso) in their institutional development as well as in the planning and roll-out of research and training programmes for the benefit of local agro-pastoralists.
Type of main services provided:
- Analysis of the existing research and training systems
- Planning and implementation of a modular training programme for agro-pastoralists
- Institutional strengthening of selected research and training institutes
- Support to national and international cooperation structures
- Capitalisation and dissemination of experience