The proposed Maharashtra Agribusiness Network Project (MAGNET) will support the state government of Maharashtra through a holistic approach combining a project loan and financial intermediation loan modalities.
The project is aligned with the following impacts:
- achieve average agriculture sector growth rate of 5 per cent;
- promote agriculture produce export;
- and establish fair, competitive, and accessible agriculture markets.
The project’s outcome is: Maharashtra’s horticultural production values and FPOs’ profits increased. The outputs comprise
- (i) institutional capacities of agribusiness institutions and FPOs strengthened,
- (ii) financial and agribusiness capacities of FPOs and value chain operators (VCOs) strengthened, and
- (iii) agriculture value chain infrastructure improved and operational.
Detailed tasks and/or expected outputs. The consultant will be responsible for the following specific tasks and any other relevant matters:
- (i) work closely with ADB project team, MAGNET Society and other government staff, PISC, and other relevant stakeholders throughout the TA implementation;
- (ii) review MAGNET project documents and outputs of high-level technology consultants, project preparatory consulting firm, post-harvest management and direct marketing studies, and other relevant documents;
- (iii) assess, from value chain and quality assurance perspective, the current status and gaps of target crops’ value chains, aggregation, and formation of FPOs in Maharashtra;
- (iv) develop crop-wise assessment and proposals on quality requirements of key customers and markets and existing gaps; and
- (v) contribute to development of training material and implementation of capacity development activities from value chain and quality assurance perspectives.
Minimum qualification requirements.
- Degree in agriculture, agricultural economics, or a relevant discipline
- Minimum 15 years general experience
- Minimum 10 years specific experience (relevant to assignment)
- Regional/country experience is preferred