The Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh has received a loan from the Japan International Cooperation Agency (hereinafter referred to as "JICA") to finance Food Value Chain Improvement Project which is to improve credit access for agribusiness and food processing industries and enhance the quality and productivity of processed products by providing concessional loans for their facility investment and working capital, thereby contributing to improvement of the whole food value chain in Bangladesh.
The Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh also intends to use part of the proceeds of the loan for eligible payments for consulting services for which this ToR is issued.
The outline of the Project is as follows:
- Executing Agency: Bangladesh Infrastructure Finance Fund Limited (hereinafter referred to as "BIFFL")
- Major output: To provide medium and long-term loans to agribusiness and food processing companies through BIFFL
- Expected project completion: September 2026
Major Tasks and Duties:
- To lead Consultant team to perform the jobs as per ToR
- To ensure all deliverables are prepared in accordance with quality and time constraints
- To assist PIU in facilitating effective management of the Project and control of the funds
- To assist the fund planning arrangement for the future operation
- To assist PIU to prepare and submit reports on TSL implementation
- To assist BIFFL to identify the analytical viewpoints on food safety management of potential and existing borrowers
- To organize workshop, seminars or on-the-job training for BIFFL to facilitate the understanding on food safety and agribusiness and food processing industries
- To assist BIFFL and SMEF to prepare and organize training course on food processing and business development
- To assist BIFFL and BAPA to conduct capacity development on export promotion.
- Bachelor degree or higher in the field of Economics, Finance and / or Business Administration
- Working experience: 15 years or more
- Experience in finance / banking field: 5 years or more
- Experience of working in developing countries
- At least 1 experience of Team Leader or Deputy Team Leader
- Preference will be given to cndidates having financing experience in agribusiness and food processing industries and consulting experiences in two-step loan projects.