The objective of this TA operation is to help to deepen the understanding of the financial sector and access to finance in the Southern Neighbourhood, by launching a Bank Lending Survey in the Region. Ultimately, this will also support a well-informed dialogue of the EIB with the European Commission, EU member states, partner countries, local banks and other stakeholders about banking sector trends and private sector development in the Southern Neighbourhood. Moreover, the SNBLS would inform the EIB’s internal strategic and operational considerations on promoting access to finance, entrepreneurship, job creation and private sector development in the Southern Neighbourhood.
Qualifications and skills
- University Degree in Economics, Finance, Social Sciences or Engineering.
- Fluency in English and French (written and spoken). Knowledge of Arabic would be an advantage.
- Computer literacy including ability to use the advanced functions of MS office to create reports and customised spreadsheets for financial analysis and management reporting purposes.
General professional experience
- Preferably 10 years of experience in development finance. Work experience in the Southern Neighbourhood would be an advantage.
Specific professional experience
- Preferably 5 years of experience in survey design and implementation.
- Strong professional network in the region’s banks acquired through similar projects would be an advantage.
From May onwards