The main objective of this assignment is to undertake a diagnostic study of the current challenges, lessons learned, and provide recommendations for the strengthening of the sector after the completion of the resolution of the SDIs in 2019. The project will be expected to come out with recommendations to enhancing the regulatory and supervisory framework for SDIs and Credit Unions, to promote consolidation and reduce regulatory arbitrage.
- Degree in Economics/Accounting/Banking/Finance or relevant professional qualification;
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in regulating and supervising financial institutions, especially SDIs in Ghana or in similar countries around the world;
- Hands on experience in the development of prudential standards for SDIs;
- Experience in off and onsite supervision of SDIs;
- Experience in training/capacity building and presentation skills;
- Excellent English communication skills (both oral and written)
The duration of this assignment will be 6 months. The assignment will be undertaken in Accra, with visits to SDIs outside Accra. (eg. Kumasi).