The objective of the programme “Green Economy and Sustainable Private Sector Development in Kyrgyzstan” is to increase long-term employment and better income opportunities in the context of sustainable economic development for men and women and for all population groups, especially young people, and including people with disabilities and members of ethnic minorities.
The objective of this module is to improve the employment situation in the tourism, livestock farming and fruit and vegetable sectors through the use of green economic approaches.
The target group consists of the owners, managers and employees of MSMEs, including agricultural enterprises, operating in the tourism, livestock and fruit and vegetable sectors. The project focuses on the regions of Issyk-Kul in the east the country and Osh in the south. The three sectors combined with the two priority regions comprise the area of intervention. The project will pay particular attention to women, young people (aged from 14 to 34) and people with disabilities.
Tasks of the expert for Waste Management:
- Responsibility for overall integration of green practices along the Tourism VCs and the achievement of results in waste management practices implementation (monitoring, inputs to reporting) which are part of the tender
- Responsibility for the review of existing practices related to waste management and development of cost effectice waste management practices with involvement of interested stakeholders
- Responsibility for interactions with the local consulting companies and local authorities on the issues of waste management
- Consultancy and advise to the GIZ programme experts and programme partners on the issues of implementation essective waste management system in Tourism VCs;
- Close work on promotion and raising awareness of benefits of waste management practices along the Tourism VCs;
- Building cooperation with experts & service providers;
- Establishing pool of experts: finding relevant experts; building cooperation structure between experts and the VC’s actors;
- To organize a fee-based approach on adoption of waste management practices.
- University degree (bachelor’s/master’s) in engeneering;
- Knowledge of Russian (C2) knowledge of English (B2);
- 5 years of professional experience in private/commercial waste management sector;
- 5 years of professional experience in sustainable waste management solutions (waste collection and recycling) in tourism sector;
- 3 years of experience working on DC projects with extensive knowledge of relevant initiatives supported by EU, WB, UNDP, UNEP (e.g. EU - SWITCH Asia, UNDP – Solid Waste Management Initiative, WB- Integrated Sustainable Waste Management etc. )
Contract period is from April 2021 till April/May 2023
Expert days in total: 260