Agriculture & Finance Consultants GmbH (AFC) is a private German consulting firm focusing on agriculture/agribusiness and financial sector development projects in developing and transition countries (https://www.afci.de/). We employ almost 50 permanent staff members at our headquarters in Bonn/Germany and on average contract 50 long-term and more than 350 short-term consultants throughout the year implementing projects for various donor organizations (e.g. ADB, AFD, EBRD, EIB, EU, GIZ, KfW, World Bank). AFC is a member of GOPA Consulting Group, Germany's largest group of consulting firms in development cooperation.
On behalf of the European Investment Bank, AFC has been implementing the “Eastern and Central Africa Technical Assistance Programme” since 2014 in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Tanzania. The project focuses on capacity building and technical assistance to various financial institutions in the region with the aim of improving access to finance for medium and small enterprises (MSMEs) and thereby creating employment (http://www.ta-eca.eu/).
For various short-term missions in the project countries (Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda), we are currently looking for several short-term experts with the following profiles and expertise, who would be delivering classroom training or capacity building measures to our partner financial institutions:
- 10+ years’ experience in delivering technical assistance/capacity building (in form of on-the-job training and classroom training) projects and assignments
- Highly experienced trainer/facilitator on the respective topic, evidenced by facilitating numerous assignments in similar contexts
- Work experience in Eastern Africa (ideally Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda)
- Work experience with international donors
- Prior working experience with EIB/EU institutions would be an asset
Qualifications and skills:
- University Degree (Master) in a relevant area (economics, business administration, international management, finance or similar fields)
- Good team management, interpersonal, facilitation and networking skills;
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English and proven ability to draft high quality reports and communication notes;
- Excellent presentation skills
- Fully computer literate
- Full proficiency in English (verbal, written and listening)