The EIB is considering the funding of a Technical Assistance Programme (“TA Programme”) to the benefit of Financial Institutions located in the Caribbean region, which are either existing or potential clients of the Bank.
The Caribbean region falls within the African, Caribbean and Pacific countries (ACPs) in which the EIB conducts lending and Technical Assistance projects. The Caribbean region is formed of Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname and Trinidad and Tobago.
The objective of this TA Programme, financed by the ACP-IF subsidy envelope, is to deploy EIB’s funding in an efficient, responsible and sustainable manner, in accordance with the Bank’s standards and requirements through capacity building of Financial Institutions and Final Beneficiaries.
The consortium AFC/ADG/INTEGRATION is in charge of a similar project of EIB in East Africa since 2014.
He / She assures Team Leader’s function during the absence of the Team Leader and acts as a consultant-trainer and identify the needs of the Financial Institutions, drafts ToRs to mobilise short-term experts and quality control their deliverables. He / She will primarily be involved with Financial Institutions which need to upgrade the quality and efficiency of their service delivery (product development, operational efficiency management, Digital Financial Services, etc.). He / She together with the Team Leader designs, coordinates and implements Component 2.
He / She may also be called upon to provide training and mentoring to support the implementation of EIB requirements under component 3.
He / She will be in charge of preparing training sessions and/or mobilizing STEs to that effect with the Financial Institutions under their remit. Responsibilities include drafting training ToR, ensuring quality management control, evaluating trainings, providing guidance to trainees, reporting on attendance, performance, satisfaction and other indices relating to the functioning of the in situ training programme or consulting actions delivered. The reporting is designed to enable monitoring of the project’s progress as well the achievement of results and impact.
Qualification and skills:
- University degree, preferably at Masters’ level, in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Banking or related field or equivalent professional experience;
- Full fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish is required along with a working knowledge of French;
- Computer literacy including ability to use the advanced functions of MS office to create reports and customised spreadsheets for financial analysis and management reporting purposes;
- Good writing and communication skills;
General Professional Experience:
- In depth knowledge of the banking/corporate lending in developing or transition countries, preferably in Caribbean region, as evidenced by at least 5 years of relevant professional experience;
- Good management skills evidenced by at least 4 years in a management role, preferably obtained in a financial and credit analysis function of a microfinance institution;
Specific Professional Experience:
- At least 4 years of professional experience within a microfinance provider or a microfinance TA provider with specific focus on credit/ financial analysis and micro and small lending, and preferably in product mix and development, efficiency of services delivery, and Digital Financial Services;
- Good analytical skills in economic and MSME project finance planning and implementation (market and financial analysis risk techniques, ability to implement computer based models to analyse performance). Good knowledge of microfinance institutions analytical tools, preferably Social Performance Management systems too;
- Practical experience and proven track record for organising and delivering professional bank or microfinance training programmes and development of curricula and training materials;
- Experience with EIB lending facilities is preferred (reporting, KYC and AML/ CFT requirements).
The period of execution of the contract will be 36 months