The Government of the Republic of Angola has received a loan in the amount of 184 million EUR from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) and the French Development Agency (AFD) to implement the Commercial Agriculture Development Project (CADP). The CADP will initially support six value chains comprised of maize, coffee, soybeans, beans, as well as egg and poultry, in two economic corridors.
The CADP’s overall objective is to increase productivity and market access for individual farmers, cooperatives and Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in the agribusiness sector. This support will be through a) Matching Grants (MG), b) Partial Credit Guarantees (PCG).
CADP will finance PCGs to be issued by the existing Credit Guarantee Fund (Fundo de Garantia de Crédito, CGF) through a project‐specific window. CGFCGF
According to the above-mentioned, CADP will look forward to identify one TSP to Support Project Interventions for Partial Credit Guarantees, that will demonstrate the required qualifications and relevant previous experience including the following areas: specialized technical assistance and training services to the financial sector institutions; formulation and/or implementation of partial credit guarantees schemes; and innovation processes linked to new credit products development.
The Technical Assistance and Training to be supplied by the selected TSP will include the following three areas: Technical Assistance and Training to Participant Financial Institutions; Technical Assistance and Training to the Credit Guarantee Fund; and Technical Assistance and Training to PIU.
Tasks of the expert
- Responsible for technical support provision to implementation of Partial Credit Guarantee scheme;
- Coordination with public and private sector institutions with special emphasis on CGF;
- Implementation of a results-oriented approach to Technical Services;
- Coordination and consultation with PIU;
- Set-up technical assistance and training processes;
- Reporting to PIU.
- A postgraduate qualification in Financial Services or related field, with strong management skills and experience, with an emphasis in Partial Credit Guarantees linked to Agribusiness;
- Minimum of five years professional experience on the implementation of PCG schemes in central or southern African countries and/or Latin American developing countries;
- Familiarity with Angolan agricultural and business environment in particular;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- A working knowledge of the Portuguese and English languages is strongly preferred.
IV quarter 2020, 20 months permanent position