The Da Afghanistan Bank, Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, have received financing from the World Bank towards the implementation of the Financial Sector Repaid Response Project (FSRRP) and intends to use part of the proceed of the grant towards payment under which this Request for Expression of Interest (REOI) is being issued.
The Project Development Objective (PDO) is to support Comptroller General office (Internal Audit Office) in developing and implementing a road map for sound internal control system in fully adopting international good practice pertaining to RBIA and developing a road map for adopting high technological system for the department automaton .
The proposed assignment will focuses on the following activities:
- Develop Specification and Bidding Documents for automation of the internal audit office
- Adopting of Risk base internal audit
The deliverable and responsibilities of the input will include the following:
- Undertaking a diagnostic review of the overall activities of the Comptroller General Office and assessing risk management processes of DAB, including the effectiveness of responses and the completion of actions that are being monitored by management and providing a comprehensive report and presentations on the gaps and the way forward.
- Assessing effectiveness of current Internal Audit Office governance structure and recommending improvements to IAO governance structure including follow up mechanism, management, reporting structures and staffs’ Job-description and TORs considering the RBIA methodology
- Updating and amending relevant regulations, manuals and policies and developing the new (RBIA) pertinent manuals, working procedure, regulations and policies.
- Developing detailed checklist for each departments and city and province branches of DAB considering the RBIA methodology.
- Updating and developing audit toolkits considering the RBIA methodology.
- Developing a transition plan and roadmap towards risk based internal audit (RBIA) from compliance based audit.
- Developing/amending the RBIA strategic plan for upcoming 5-8 years through a systematic and well-structured/defined process helping to enable the internal audit activity to achieve its vision and mission; the plan shall also indicate the highlights of technology upgrades for IA automated system.
- Providing staff training and capacity building programs on the job, class room lectures and apprenticeship on RBIA in theoretical manner and on RBIA manuals, regulations, working procedures, manuals, toolkits and checklist.
- Identification of challenges both (process and people) and providing RBIA with best recommendations and practices.
- Developing specifications and bid document for internal audit automation which should best suit the best standard practices in an technological environment to achieve the overall objective of modernizing the internal audit function and optimizing management of internal risk.
- Providing the overall project / contract finalization and completion report.
- Relevant work experience, risk finance, audit or related areas.
- Minimum of a master’s degree or equivalent in Finance, Business, Economics, Public Policy, or related discipline.
- Ability to develop, and communicate complex ideas effectively through visuals – strong PowerPoint, Prezi and Illustrator skills are an advantage.
- Ability to work effectively in high stress environments.
- Proven ability to share best practice, trends, knowledge and lessons learned across units and with clients and partners.
- Strong oral and written skills in English and ability to articulate ideas, verbally and in writing, in a clear and compelling way across different audiences
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to high-level analytical work and investment operations.
- Ability to play a key role in implementing the strategic direction of the work program;
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a broad team.
- Strong business judgment and analytical decision making – analyzes facts and data to support sound logical decision-making regarding own and others' work.