The Project aims to Establish a financial services sector in Ukraine that is able to deliver stable, secure and efficient financial markets to provide financial resources to the national economy and support the country’s economic and social development and integration into the global financial environment.
Services to be provided
- Enhancement of the existing regulatory financial reporting framework at the Financial sector Regulators in Ukraine by adoption of the FINREP-XBRL taxonomy. (the National Commission of Ukraine for Securities and Stock Market – for securities issuers and capital market participants, the NBU – for the banks of Ukraine, the National Commission of Ukraine for State Regulation of Financial Services Markets for other financial institutions);
- Upgrade of monetary and financial statistics framework to that applied by the European Central Bank and/or Eurostat;
- Implementation of Consolidated Supervision based on best EU practice as recommended by the European Banking Authority, the European Securities Market Authority and European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority;
- NBU’s capacity is strengthened to apply macro-prudential supervision instrumentality;
- To strengthen the capacity of the National Bank of Ukraine in implementation of the measures to establish the necessary preconditions of the future gradual implementation of the free flow of capital;
- Renewed organisational set-up and regulatory framework for the Audit profession, based on the EU’s and international prevailing best practice;
- Approximation of the Ukrainian legislation on accounting to the requirements of 4th and 7th Council Directives on annual accounts of certain types of companies and on consolidated accounts;
- Implementation of an Investor Compensation Scheme in the Securities Market of Ukraine;
- Implementation of Pillar 2 (Supervisory Review Evaluation Process) of Basel II regulatory framework, including development of regulations and procedures and their practical testing in pilot banks.