The overall objective of this project is to promote the viability of the Ivory Coast sugar sector and to ensure its social and environmental management and its contribution to the socio-economic development of the Ivory Coast. More specifically the project aims to support the implementation of the Ivory Coast Sugar Programme, and in particular the National Authorizing Officer, the European Union Delegation and the Ministry of Agriculture (directly through the CAPS).
The TA’s role is two-fold in that it should both support the implementation of the Sugar Programme and also directly strengthen the institutional and functional capacity of the CAPS.
1/The support to the Sugar Programme is to be achieved through the following services:
- Consolidation of the institutional framework of the Sugar Programme;
- Programming of the actions;
- Operational management of the Technical and Financial and Technical Assistance Projects;
- Financial monitoring and accountancy of the Sugar Financial and Technical Assistance Projects;
2/The support to the CAPS will be achieved through the following services:
- Training of CAPS and associated staff in financial and administrative management and project monitoring;
- Development of manuals in financial and administrative management, tender procedures etc.;
- Development of a methodology for impact monitoring (definition of indicators and collection methods).
In addition the TA will also assist in:
- Promotion the visibility the Sugar Programme;
- Reporting the actions of the Sugar Programme.