The Projects aims to define a capacity building programme and a knowledge management programme in close coordination with the Task Force, Thematic Working Groups, National Focal Points, National consultants and other Thematic Consultants following a participatory process with all actors.
Services provided are divided into 2 blocs, each one organised in 3 steps.
► Bloc 1: Capacity Building
- Identify capacity building needs (both public and private sectors): Typology of main irrigation systems ++ Analysis grid of Capacity Building needs ++ Support data collection conducted by national consultants and national focal points ++ Define training needs
- Analysis of current supply in training and competencies of training and research institutions and gap analysis: Identify training institutions ++ Develop survey questionnaire and data collection methodology and support data collection ++ Assess current trainings and R&D capacity ++ Analyse gap between supply and demand in trainings.
- Establish a capacity building plan for training and research institutions and private and public actors: Identify supplementary training programmes ++ Estimate costs of capacity building programmes ++ Identify best solution ++ Plan a capacity building plan for private and public actors.
►Bloc 2: Knowledge Management
- Assessment of current knowledge management systems: Identify main actors involved in research on irrigation and value chains for irrigated products (public and private) ++ Inventory of research topics, capacities and R&D priorities ++ Evaluate levels of collaboration and exchange of knowledge between public and private actors with regards to R&D ++ Evaluate the level of mainstreaming /application of research results among farmers and irrigation actors ++ Assess training and research centres capacity to develop/improve their Knowledge Management system ++ Gap Analysis of supply and demand
- Develop (i) a capitalisation and training plan for research results, lessons learned and local innovations and (ii) a scheme for a collaboration and knowledge exchange platform: Propose solutions to develop linkages between theoretical R&D, practical research (applied sciences) and field work ++ develop a capitalisation and knowledge sharing plan for local innovations and experience ++ Knowledge exchange platform for institutions and actors of irrigated value chains ++ Costs and strategy for implementation of these plans.
- Develop a programme for quality control f service provision and equipment in the irrigation sector.