The Project aims at improving the technical and economic productivity of selected value chains. The technical assistance comprises component C of the Project, which aims at improving value chain actors’ access to agricultural financial services.
This will be achieved through a preparatory analyses:
- Actors for the cooperation are identified (in particular IMF and small farmers), and their goals and needs are defined (especially for the northern regions)
- Concepts for the delivery of agricultural services, including credits, are developed.
Which is followed by courses and continued training on the supply side:
- Employees of financial service providers are trained in risk analysis, cash flow analysis, and agricultural educatio
- Financial service providers are trained in the launching of new products.
- Agricultural advisers are trained in understanding new products.
As well as trainings on the demand side:
- Small operators (part of the Farmer Business Schools) have received training in the area of financial literacy
- Mid-level organisations receive advice in the domain of financial planning.
The pilot launch of new financial services is supported through
- Interest mediation meetings.
- Distribution of new products to small farmers.
- Training to small producers in financial literacy.