The overall objective of the programme is to create jobs and increase income through the promotion of sustainable economic development, with the consideration of a green economy. The programme encompasses four fields of interventions (FoI): (1) Value Chain Promotion, (2) Local Economic Development, (3) Access to Finance and (4) Reform Policy.
The assignment focuses on value chain promotion and food safety and includes the following services:
Value chain promotion:
- Capacity development on production and management: farmer field schools for vegetable VC, apricot VC, fruit/berry and nut collectors;
- Organisational development to producer groups;
- Promotion of water- and energy-saving technologies in the value chain;
- Introduction and facilitation of organic and fair trade certification;
- Support to service providers for organic certification;
- Promote the legal and institutional framework for organic farming on national level through dialogue;
- Facilitate business relationships between value chain actors and linkages to national and international markets (assess market demands and advise exporters.
- Development of a comprehensive information and awareness raising strategy;
- Review and design of training material on food safety and quality systems;
- Set-up of a modular webinar for food safety and quality training;
- Provide training sessions to service providers on food safety and quality issues;
- Facilitate the introduction HACCP systems at interested food processors;
- Set-up of traceability systems along the value chains;
- Assess the institutional quality infrastructure;
- Set up a regional task force of public food inspection services;
- Provision of methods for risk-based inspections.