The Centre for Excellence in Financial Inclusion (CEFI) established by the Bank of Papua New Guinea (BPNG) is the National Executive Council endorsed industry apex organisation mandated to coordinate, advocate and monitor all financial inclusion activities in Papua New Guinea (PNG). In this capacity, CEFI is coordinating the implementation of PNG’s first National Financial Inclusion and Financial Literacy Strategy, 2014-2015 (NFI&FL Strategy). A new subsequent strategy had to be developed in order to ensure the outcomes accumulate into reaching the respective goals.
Services of the assignment included:
- Prepare a stocktaking report/presentation, which will feed the discussions of a multi-stakeholder consultative workshop;
- Conduct a multi-stakeholder consultative workshop and prepare a synthesis report;
- Based on the stocktaking, consultation and synthesis report, prepare a new draft National Strategy for Financial Inclusion & Financial Literacy;
- Conduct a workshop to present the draft National Strategy and seek stakeholders’ feedback;
- Incorporate stakeholders’ comments, consolidate and prepare the finalized National Strategy for submission to CEFI and BPNG for review, adjustment and endorsement.