The mandate of AFC between 2010 and 2012 was to facilitate and support the transformation of the selected NGOs into independent and autonomous development organisations. General objectives of the mandate included the maximisation of successful of autonomous functioning of the new organisations whilst maintaining and/or optimizing their efficiency, efficacy and technical know-how in terms of local development, in order for them to continue to produce concrete results.
Despite obtaining legal recognition and the implementation of activities by the 9 NGO, their associative life/community spirit still required nurturing and developing, and the valorisation of the multifunctional training centres and demonstration farms remained a challenge.
The subsequent phase of the project from 2012-2014 was conceived in order to enable them to become functional, financially viable and well managed organisations that are capable of implementing programmes which sustainably contribute to development within their region of intervention as well as to diversify their partners and project portfolios.
At the level of developmental organisation of the NGO :
- Successfully obtained financing outside of the SDC
- Strengthened structure and internal functioning
- Involvement of women
At the level of the Multipurpose Training centre and the farm :
- Fulfilled the role of (agro-pastoral) demonstration centre, training and research-action centre to the benefit of the local rural communities ;
- Ensured that the farm was profitable, and valorised all the pre-existing infrastructure and equipment.
- Identified and put in place the best management mechanisms for this structure in relation with the NGO.
Intervention Strategy :
- A local support approach for organizational development/ an exclusive support to the 9 NGOs based on their individual specificities/ individual coaching;
- Discussions/Exchanges on particular themes introduced by the NGO;
- Individual or punctual training (planned and spontaneous based on introduced themes) and collective training (according to theme and need);
- Animation/ facilitation of participatory reflexion sessions with the NGO based on the introduced themes.