The objective of the market feasibility study on agriculture, agribusiness and agri-finance in Kyrgyzstan was to provide a detailed analysis that will enable KfW to:
- Build a solid understanding of promising commodity groups in the country.
- Identify the business models which financial institutions do and can deploy.
- Build a solid understanding of subsistence vs. commercial small farmers.
- Identify the most competent financial institutions (or facilities) for agri-finance.
- Support banks in building or expanding business models.
- Identify long term financing possibilities of farming and agro-production equipment.
- Be able to select from at least four potential KfW engagements in Kyrgyzstan.
- Analysis of at least three promising commodity value chains, key players and drivers.
- Assess government policies, regulations and instruments that impact agriculture and agri-finance in these commodity groups and overall.
- Analysis of demand for agri-solutions and agri-finance.
- Analysis for agri-finance supply.
- Recommend at least four projects suitable for potential KfW engagement in the respective commodity groups.
- Preparation of analytical reports: