FIVIS was one of four components of the programme “Decentralization and Community Development”. The component implemented by AFC supports AGETUR (Executive Agency for Urban Works) and four secondary towns.
The objective has been to identify and finance decentralized investment projects to enhance the socioeconomic situation of the population.
Services conducted include:
- Assisting communities in technical and financial preparation of their project proposals.
- Strengthening of coordination mechanisms between local administration and citizens regarding the definition of investment priorities.
- Assistance in and supervision of construction works and tender procedures.
- Advise to local actors in management concepts and infrastructure maintenance.
- Design and implementation of financing and credit programs.