The objective of the Project is to strengthen sustainable Banking Agent Networks in Mozambique and development of suitable financial products and services for MSME to be offered by selected partner commercial banks through Agent Networks.
The project provides technical advisory in the following three areas:
Area 1: Consolidation of business models and funding strategies of Banking Agent Networks:
- Assisting partner banks with advisory services with focus on the monitoring of the business plan, supply chain revenue analysis, and review of the pricing and cost model; as well as on supervision of the agent network, agent management and client recruitment.
- Furthermore the consultancy firm will give continuity in advising the partner banks on funding strategies among development partners/ donors
Area 2: Product development, technology and regulatory framework:
- Assisting the partner banks to develop demand-oriented products against the current situation where financial institutions provide off-the-shelf products.
- Leverage from the progress of the banking agent networks to enlarge the outreach of the financial services according to the business strategies designed.
- Assess the technologies currently used by Banking Agent Networks or whose need is anticipated in the near and mid-term future to enable new product development The assessment of the technologies should include the interoperability opportunities through the SIMO network, including Mobile Money Providers.
Area 3: Enabling local capacity for Business Service providers and raising public awareness
- Enable a dialogue with the private sector and key faculties for relevant sectors in order to asses possibilities for continuing the collaboration with the partners of RAMOÇ I.
- Engage with the National Financial Inclusion Strategy of BoM and related initiatives and by organizing dialogue forums and presentations with key stakeholder
- Partnerships shall be developed between bank partners and local capacity building organizations-CBO (e.g. training center, universities, consultancy firms)