The project is part of the global initiative „One World with-out Hunger“, launched by the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development in 2014. Its core instrument of implementation is a matching grant fund (EUR 1,95 Mio.) to co-finance innovation projects and training & capacity building measures related to selected agricultural value chains.
The objective of the project is to enhance the identification and implementation of innovations along the maize and rice value chains in 4 regions of Ghana (Brong Ahafo, Ashanti, Volta and Eastern Region) for improved small-holder incomes, employment, regional food supply and food security.
- Set-up and manage a matching grant innovation fund
- Support smallholder farming enterprises in the application of innovations
- Support processing and marketing companies in the application of innovations
- Strengthening the capacity of public and private service providers
- Promotion of cooperation among value chain stakeholders and knowledge management