Development objective: The Ukrainian organic agriculture sector has expanded and the quality of the produce has improved.
Project objective: Competencies and institutional structures for the advanced development of organic agriculture have been enhanced.
Services to be provided include but are not limited to:
- Baseline study on operational characteristics of organic farms in the Ukraine.
- Further education concept for practitioners, including basic knowledge and special topics.
- Hands-on training opportunities in cooperation with Ukrainian agricultural farms.
- Analysis of existing curricula, study regulations, curricula and material from agricultural colleges and universities on organic farming.
- Training concepts for agricultural colleges and universities.
- Training of teaching staff and private advisors.
- Analysis of the possibilities for creating new study programmes and degrees in the field of organic farming.
- Participation in symposia and conferences to exchange ideas with science, practice and policy.
- Study tour to Germany about qualification in organic farming as well as certification and accredition.
- Trainings for agricultural administrations, establishing of regional clusters for advice and training.
- Support MAPE to establish a system of approval and control of certifiers.