The project contributes to strengthening of the education and training of specialists and managers in Ukrainian organic farming.
Services to be provided include:
- Baseline study on operational characteristics of organic farms in the Ukraine.
- Further education concept for practitioners, including basic knowledge and special topics.
- Hands-on training opportunities in cooperation with Ukrainian agricultural farms.
- Analysis of existing curricula, study regulations, curricula and material from agricultural colleges and universities on organic farming.
- Training concepts for agricultural colleges and universities.
- Training of teaching staff and private advisors.
- Analysis of the possibilities for creating new study programmes and degrees in the field of organic farming.
- Participation in symposia and conferences to exchange ideas with science, practice and policy.
- Study tour to Germany about qualification in organic farming as well as certification and accredition.
- Trainings for agricultural administrations, establishing of regional clusters for advice and training.
- Support MAPE to establish a system of approval and control of certifiers.