The “ligne particulière” (LP) has been added to the Fund for the Consolidation of Peace (FCP) to implement additional projects in the provinces of North and South Kivu (in particular Rutshuru territory). Its focus lies on supporting peace building efforts in regions of the DRC which have in recent years been particularly affected by violent clashes.
Individual projects are funded in the following areas:
- Rehabilitation/reconstruction of economic infrastructure, such as rural roads, small bridges, markets, installations/devices for the transformation and increase in value of staple products, preferably through the use of high-intensity labour;
- Rehabilitation/reconstruction and equipment of social infrastructure, such as schools, health centres, water supply & sanitation systems;
- Agriculture and lifestock production, such as set-up of seedbanks (in particular for resistant varieties), irrigation systems, erosion prevention, basic machinery and storage warehouses, modern and sustainable food crop cultures;
- Training in the sustainable and profitable management of the funded infrastructure and agricultural production;
- Technical supervision of the road Obokote-Punia, which is implemented in Maniema by the Welthungerhilfe in the framework of the programme “Reintegration II”.