The programme component objective has been to advice financial service providers [microfinance banks (MFBs) and microfinance institutions (MFIs)] and enable them to offer adequate and sustainable financial services for small and medium enterprises (SME).
The following results have been achieved:
- The Central Bank is capable to control and supervise the microfinance policy and the management system for the certification of the managers of MFBs.
- Professional capacity of partner institutions (MFBs and MFIs) has been increased in all strategic management topics.
- The professional financial competence of microfinance service providers (MFBs / MFIs) has improved.
- Microfinance service providers (MFBs / MFIs) offer financial services adopted to the needs of SME.
- Management information systems and risk and liquidity management for MFBs and MFIs have been introduced.
- A microfinance bank association has been founded and received capacity building.
Services provided included:
- Conduct a supply and demand analysis for financial services.
- Consultancy services and capacity building (training) for microfinance banks and MFIs.
- Consultancy services for the Central Bank for implementation of the microfinance policy and the management system for certification of MFIs.
- Improvement of the legal framework and regulations on supervision for MFIs.
- Consultancy services for the establishment of a microfinance bank association.
- Improvement of management information systems for banks and MFIs.
- Improvement of risk and liquidity management for banks and MFI.