The objective of the project “Economic and Employment Promotion” was to improve the competitiveness of small and medium-sized enterprises in selected branches and regions.
The project component “Promotion of Organic Farming in Serbia” has been based on a participatory process - approach. Its objective was to deliver basic modules and incentives for a complementary setting-up of primary production, processing and trade, market penetration, research, (further-) education and public relations. These modules and incentives were implemented both at the political level and at all steps of the supply chain.
Main results of the project are:
- Markets for organic products have been supported and enhanced.
- Partnerships between Universities in Germany and Serbia have been established and the topic “organic agriculture” is introduced in the academic education.
- Agriculture extension services offer qualified advisory on organic production.
- A national association on organic farming is working sustainable.
Type of Services provided:
- Shared know-how on promotion of sustainable economic development.
- Implementation of participatory marketing approach.
- Institution building in terms of supporting association for organic farming.
- Policy advice to Ministry of Agriculture regarding the future of organic farming in Serbia.
- Organization of public awareness campaign.
- Domestic and export market promotion.
- Set up extension-system for organic agriculture.
- Trained extensionists in matters of organic agriculture.
- Developed and revised curriculum for university.
- Organized study tours for Serbian market participants to Switzerland / Germany.