The Program for Economic Growth within the Agricultural Sector (PCESA) is the third Danish support program for the agricultural sector. It includes 2 components and 4 subcomponents. The PCESA is aligned with the priorities of the Programme National du Secteur Rural (PNSR) and the Stratégie de Croissance Accélérée et de Développement Durable (SCADD). The PNSR and the SCADD aim for an economic growth which results in a significant increase of household real income and in an increase of goods and services available for economic operators.
The PCESA has two complementary components, aiming at :
- Improving the access of economic operators to support/advice and to funding (Component A) and ;
- Optimising appropriate framework conditions in terms of strategies, policies, legislation and regulatory tools and the availability of public structuring infrastructure (Component B).
The overall objective of the PCESA is to contribute to an increase in productivity, added value and agricultural income in order to contribute to national economic growth and poverty reduction.
The objective of sub-component A1 is: Small and medium-sized economic actors in the agriculture sector are experiencing inclusive growth in terms of turnover and job creation.
- Coordination and general planning of Component A (with sub-components A1 and A2)
- Implementation of sub-component A1
- Capacity building of facilitators and service providers used by facilitators and economic operators: monitoring of the quality of intervention of facilitators; development of methods, tools, training in action; etc.
- Management and implementation of the Fund for agricultural private sector development (FDSPA): preparation of ToR and calls for EoI; analysis and classification of files; elaboration of a manual of procedures; ensure the functioning of the selection panel; analysis of the proposed projects; recruitment, contractualisation and implementation of an audit for conventions, etc.
- Support to facilitators in the development and implementation of the projects (capacity building in general and with regard to business models and cost-effectiveness, ensuring their independence, self-finance and sustainability of the sub-component)
- Supporting dialogue between facilitators and financial institutions and developing tools to better explain rural entrepreneurs' projects
Linking actors and developing mechanisms for collaboration and communication with partners