In the Philippines climate change and emission reduction objectives are already being actively pursued as a matter of national development, supported by comprehensive legislation and corresponding donor programmes. The Credit Line for Energy Efficiency and Climate Protection is a good fit and a valuable addition to these efforts.
The general objective of the project is to assist the Land Bank of the Philippines (LBP) and potential clients of the credit line to identify, plan, evaluate and implement investments reducing primary energy consumption and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and establish data on standards relative to Energy Efficiency (EE) and Clean Development Mechanism (CDM).
- Design and application of a structured evaluation scheme for LBP for energy efficiency (EE) investments.
- Development of LBP staff’s competencies and capacities regarding the evaluation of EE investments.
- Assist potential clients of the credit line in identification and implementation of EE measures.
- Identification of projects that have CDM including PoA potential.
- Design of a specific marketing strategy for the credit line and support LBP in the implementation of the marketing campaign.