The Project is implemented in two Phases. While the first Phase aimed at the development of a suitable approach to introduce an e-zwich biometric payment system infrastructure in rural areas, the second Phases concentrates on the actual procurement and installation of the respective machines.
Services provided include:
- Prepare a study on roll out of e-zwich infrastructure in rural areas.
- Assessment of latest developments of the network infrastructure for branchless banking systems.
- Review, define, optimise and implement e-zwich business, marketing and financial model including pricing.
- Develop a communication (marketing) plan, strategy and material.
- Define and implement additional e-zwich financial services (products).
- Assess and recommend on capacity building and awareness raising needs, develop a training strategy, plan and materials and train GhiPSS employees and agents.
- Review, document, optimisation and implementation of POS functionalities.
- Creation of Revolving Credit Fund, develop a monitoring system for effective management of this Fund.
- Review / introduce maintenance contracts for e-zwich system.
- Review and optimise agents network. Monitor and coach agents.
- Develop a detailed procurement plan on the basis of which the procurement process for ATM and POS devices (incl. the respective consumables).
- Tender and award of procurement and service contracts for ATM and POS devices (incl. the respective consumables) following KfW’s “Guidelines for Procurement of Goods, Works and associated Services in Financial Cooperation with Partner Countries”.
- Provide procurement and service contracts for E-zwich Infrastructure according to international standards and the standards of KfW.
- Accompany the installation of ATM and POS devices (incl. the respective consumables) in the Financial Institutions or Agents. This includes delivery, installation, commissioning and initial training of the respective staff.
- Ensure the long-term functionality of the ATM and POS devices through the elaboration of detailed maintenance agreements and contract management.
- Develop and implement a concept to assure a sustainable operation (e.g. cash management and logistics, uninterruptable power supplies/ UPS).
- Approve that the Project-Executing Agency’s own investments in e-zwich Infrastructure are creditable against the counterpart funding.
- Support GhIPSS in monitoring the Financial Institutions’ repayments under the revolving credit fund.