The Project aims to:
- Develop, prepare and implement a training series on MSME finance for bank employees (as of 10/2015 374 bank employees have been trained)
- Develop, prepare and hand over a pedagogic training kit on MSME finance to the member banks.
Services to be provided
- Signed Letter of Understanding between APBEF and each member financial institution on the roll-out of MSME finance training programme and subsequent bank engagement in this client segment.
- Development of training toolbox and modules on the following subjects:
- Demand for financial services of micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME)
- Responding to the financial needs of MSMEs
- Economic and financial analysis of MSME clients
- Evaluation methods of MSME finance
- Monitoring and credit risk management in MSME lending
- Non-performing loans management
- Training for bank employees and internal trainers in the areas listed above
- Advise to management staff of selected banks on how to integrate MSME finance in their activities, plan their business targets and human resources and monitor the loan performance
- Coaching for loan officers and branch managers of selected banks on how to hold client interviews, complete loan application files (including entrepreneurial assessment and cash flow analysis) and credit decision
- Additional training on agricultural finance and combine the methods of MSME finance with the value chain approach