The objective of the programme PrAda is “to improve the performance of the actors of the selected agricultural value chains particularly vulnerable to climate change”. A broad definition is used regarding actors of agricultural value chains: all actors, from farmer producers to regulating authorities and agricultural research centres, are concerned.
In order to reach this objective, PrAda envisages multiple activities, grouped into three components:
Component I: to improve access to agro-meteorological and agricultural consulting services.
Component II: to improve the structural framework conditions to develop the agricultural value chains.
Component III: to improve access to insurance products against climate risks for value chain actors.
The objective of our services is to implement the component III.
- National consultation of public actors
- Consultation of actors in the insurance sector
- Analysis of the regulatory framework for insurance and possible adaptation to the specificities of climate insurance
- Development of climate insurance products and their distribution
- Financial education targeted to climate insurance
- Evaluation of risks in the value chains