The "Enhancing the Competitiveness of Small and Medium Size Enterprises project (ECOS)" in Uganda aims to increase the competitiveness of 1,000 Ugandan SMEs with the overall goal of creating employment and improving the employment situation of workers through increased income, secured jobs, and improved working conditions.
Tasks of the Technical Advisor: Quality Management and Market Development:
- Support the Team Leader in managing and implementing all key outputs of this tender related to enhanced quality and markets for participating SMEs.
- Design, implement, monitor, and evaluate capacity development measures for local partners in the following areas: quality management and market development.
- Take cross-cutting themes into consideration (for example, gender equality, environmental safeguards).
- Ensure quality implementation, monitoring, and reporting of project activities in accordance with deadlines.
- Training the national pool of experts in the use of models for enhancing SME growth.
- Develop course modules in key intervention areas targeting Quality Management and Market Development.
- Manage relationship and coordinate project activities with the UNBS and the UEPB.
- Support the implementation of quality enhancement and market development objectives.
- Education/Training: Master's Degree in any of these fields: Project Management, Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, Marketing and Sales or Quality Management.
- Languages: Knowledge of English, C1 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- General professional experience: 10 years of professional experience in developing and implementing trainings/capacity development measures in the field of SME promotion.
- Specific professional experience: 3 years of professional experience in managing quality assurance processes for SMEs in Uganda; 3 years of professional experience in supporting international market access for SMEs.
- Leadership/management experience: Not Applicable
- Regional experience: 10 years of professional experience in Uganda
- Development cooperation (DC) experience: 5 years of experience working on international development cooperation projects.
- Other: 2 years of experience in organizing or conducting trade exhibitions or fairs for SMEs in Uganda.
Project duration: 2 years; input: 80 working days