The objective of the Project is to support improving financial access and strengthening horticulture value chain by supplying funds to horticulture crop growers and agro-related companies (End-users) through the accredited Participated financing institutions (PFIs), and providing assistance for improving the implementing capacity of the PIU, PFIs and farm-management skills and horticulture value chain techniques of End-users, thereby contributing to the development of the agriculture sector together with employment promotion through strengthening export capacity of horticulture crops.
The objective of the consulting services is to ensure the effective implementation of the Two-step loan Project and also to expand the project beneficiaries not only to the target End-users of the Two-step loan but also to surrounding potential End-users through the following works:
- Smooth implementation of the Two-step loan operation, monitoring and reporting
- Increasing capacity of Project Implementation Unit (“PIU”) of Agency for Implementation of Projects in the Field of Agroindustry and Food Security (UZAIFSA) in terms of Two-step loan implementation including environmental and social consideration duties and smooth coordination with PFIs
- Increasing capacity of PFIs in terms of Two-step loan implementation including credit appraisal for the sub-loans, process the loan applications, manage and monitor the disbursed sub-loans and report to PIU appropriately, development of farm management knowledge, environmental and social consideration and gender mainstreaming
- Increasing capacity of Horticulture crop growers to both the Two-step loan End-users and the potential End-users in terms of Two-step loan knowledge, provision of local technical resource information and provision of horticultural production technique advices through setting demonstration plots and conducting in-country training tours/study tours.
- Increasing capacity of Agro-related companies (Two-step loan End-users) in terms of Two-step loan knowledge, provision of business matching opportunities with the suppliers of the relevant machinery/equipment and conducting study tour(s) to Japan, Europe and other foreign countries, with a view to adopting the advanced skills and technologies.
- Monitoring and Evaluation of Project Impact
- Should have at least a Master’s degree in appropriate disciplines e.g. in the field of Economics, Finance, and or Business Administration
- Working experience of over 20 years;
- Consulting experience in projects related to financial issues for over 15 years;
- Experience of working in more than 3 developing countries;
- Experience of leading a consultants’ team as the Team Leader for more than 1 project;
- Experience to promote the financial stability of the agricultural enterprises relating to local tax and duties;
- Preferably have the working experience in Two-step loan projects and/or agriculture finance project.
The total duration of consulting services will be 62 months.
Implementation Schedule Expected:
Commencement of Consulting Services: October 2020
Selection of PFIs with on-lending agreements: Oct 2020 - Sep 2021
Selection of End-users with sub-loan agreements: Jun 2021 - May 2022
Termination of Project Services: March 2025