The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development has commissioned the three years programme “Green Economy and Sustainable Private Sector Development in Kyrgyzstan” (GESPSD) which started in June 2020 and will last until May 2023. The GIZ Programme “Promotion of Sustainable Economic Development in Kyrgyzstan”, which was the predecessor of the GESPSD, supported private sector development in promoting value chain development, implementing elements of Green Economy and creating framework conditions at the macro level. In 2018 it also supported the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic through the Ministry of Economy in the development of its national Green Economy Programme. The current module of the GESPSD contributes to the implementation of the government’s Green Economy Programme.
The overall objective of the GESPSD is to improve the employment situation in tourism, livestock farming and the fruit and vegetable sectors through the use of Green Economy approaches. The new programme intends to engage all three levels (macro: implementation of green economic policies as output 1; meso: provision of services and other support for MSMEs as output 2; micro: awareness raising among general population on the benefits of using green products and services – as output 3).
The main areas of activities are capacity development of local producers and entrepreneurs, the creation of linkages between value chain actors including international/regional traders and capacity building of business support organizations, farmers & business associations and formal and informal structures that bring local producers and entrepreneurs together.
• Responsibility for organisational development of partner organisations
• Responsibility for training staff of the selected organisations on management tools by introducing management training modules
• Supporting partner organisation by building capacity for business and strategic planning and operational management to optimise services
• Identifying technical and financial services desired by the target group in close cooperation with the GESPSD
• Introduction to resource efficient services and practices along the slected value chains.
• Responsibility for gathering data, conduct surveys and for providing inputs to the monitoring advisor in reporting and quality assurance of deliverables
• Educational background (MSc or comparable – e.g. ‘Diplom’) in sociology, pedagogy or organisational development
• Fluency in English, Russian and Kyrgyz/Uzbek
• Seven years of professional experience in social research, rural development or gender promotion
• Four years experience in monitoring, implementation of surveys and field studies
• Five years professional experience in Central Asia
• Five years experience in technical cooperation projects
The contract period is 24 months from award of contract.