The objective of the programme “Green Economy and Sustainable Private Sector Development in Kyrgyzstan” is to increase long-term employment and better income opportunities in the context of sustainable economic development for men and women and for all population groups, especially young people, and including people with disabilities and members of ethnic minorities.
The objective of this module is to improve the employment situation in the tourism, livestock farming and fruit and vegetable sectors through the use of green economic approaches.
The target group consists of the owners, managers and employees of MSMEs, including agricultural enterprises, operating in the tourism, livestock and fruit and vegetable sectors. The project focuses on the regions of Issyk-Kul in the east the country and Osh in the south. The three sectors combined with the two priority regions comprise the area of intervention. The project will pay particular attention to women, young people (aged from 14 to 34) and people with disabilities.
The tasks of the team leader are:
- Overall coordination and management of the activities on strengthening of Livestock VCs in Osh oblast (achievement of results, results based monthly monitoring, reporting) in close cooperation and coordination with the GIZ management and GIZ national experts;
- Overall coordination and management of the activities in Kyrgyzstan regarding Livestock VCs promotion both on local and international markets, food safety/green practices and green standards implementation;
- Professional leadership and coordination of the national and international long-term experts and international and national pool of short-term experts;
- Management and subcontracting of local NGOs/consulting companies/local institutions implementing selected aspects of the service contract;
- Conflict sensitive design of implemented measures;
- Responsibility for the timeliness of the contract assignments and information of the GIZ programme manager in case of delays, changes.
- University degree (bachelor’s/master’s) in agriculture, economics, natural resource management;
- Knowledge of English is C1 in the Common European Framework;
- 20 years of professional experience in the agricultural sector/private sector development;
- 10 years of professional experience in managing complex technical cooperation projects in agricultural value chain promotion, green practices, food safety, institutional development of public/private association;
- 10 years of management/leadership experience as project team leader or manager in a company;
- 10 years of training experience or work experience in Central Asia region, of which 5 years in Kyrgyzstan;
- 15 years of experience working on DC projects.
Contract period is from April 2021 till April/May 2023
Expert days in homecountry: 60
Expert days in country of assignment: 240
Expert days in total: 300