The overall Project, comprising the four countries (Egypt, Jordan, Tunisia and Morocco) is expected to enhance access to finance for approximately 4,000 SMEs and sustain some 30,000 jobs across the four countries.
The Project will provide access to finance to and improve competitiveness of local SMEs. It will support the Partner countries in the development of sustainable value chains in particularly relevant sectors, such as agri-food, agro-industry, textiles and manufacturing, services, tourism and others allowing them to offer attractive and EU-compliant products on the European market.
The main objectives are to:
- Facilitate access to finance for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs), in the form of the Risk Sharing Facility through local intermediary banks to reach out to underserved companies with a focus on improving selected value chains;
- Build capacity of FIs, final recipients, and local authorities to support the implementation of the Project;
- Improve competitiveness of selected sectors and therefore prospects for trade. The Project will enable SMEs to benefit from trade openness with the EU.
Main responsibilities of the Team Leader are:
- Overall coordination and implementation of the TA Assignment;
- Main contact person for communication with the Contracting Authority, the participating FIs and the other main stakeholders of the Assignment;
- Timely provision of reports and deliverables.
Qualifications and skills
- University Degree in Economics, Law, Banking, Business Administration, or related disciplines; good analytical and reasoning skills and the capacity to provide sound judgement concerning the issues in his/her area of expertise;
- Computer literacy.
General professional experience
- 12 years of relevant professional experience in banking in emerging markets;
- 5 years of relevant professional experience of working on IFI/donor financed projects; relevant professional experience of working on the EU financed projects would be an advantage.
Specific professional experience
- 8 years of relevant professional experience in one or more of the following areas: value chain finance, agricultural finance, SME banking;
- At least one experience in leading teams of international experts;
- Work experience in the Middle East and North Africa region;
- Experience in supporting commercial banks to implement special programs and/or products.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French is essential; knowledge of the Arab language would be an advantage
The Location of the Assignment will be Morocco and Tunisia. A minimum of 85% of the working days shall be spent in the Partner Countries.
The period of implementation of the Assignment is 36 months from the date of signature of the contract with an total input of 660 workingd days for the Team Leader