Cambodia’s agricultural sector is the most vulnerable sector to impacts of climate change, which are manifested in the form of increased temperatures, high variability of precipitation patterns, frequent droughts, floods, and increased salinity intrusion, especially in coastal areas.
The project aims to boost climate resilience of critical agricultural infrastructure and help commercialize rice, maize, cassava, and mango production. It will help increase crop productivity and diversification; improve the capacity for storage, processing, and quality and safety testing; and promote the use of solar and bioenergy. It will strengthen the technical and institutional capacity for climate-smart agriculture (CSA) and create an enabling policy environment for climate-friendly agribusinesses. The project has 3 outputs:
- Output 1: Critical agribusiness value chain infrastructure improved and made climate resilient.
- Output 2: Climate-smart agriculture and agribusiness promoted.
- Output 3: Enabling environment for climate-friendly agribusiness enhanced
The Team Leader/ Project Manager will be responsible for overall team coordination, and delivery of quality and timely outputs. The tasks will be:
- Be responsible for overall direction of the consultant team, and co-ordination and management of inputs. The Team leader is overall focal for the firm throughout theimplementation period;
- Manage the team relationships with government, the system integrator, through the ADB point of contact;
- Identify tasks on the critical path, and ensure that implementation schedules are followed;
- Ensure quality of the deliverables and review / update plans;
- Responsible for development and evaluation of request for proposals (RFP) process for the selecting and onboarding of system integrators;
- Responsible for overall tracking of the project progress and data collection;
- In charge of development of maintenance and operations of the pilots and institution of appropriate management tools and techniques; and
- Take the lead in the preparation of the initial work plan and personnel schedule (including determining resource needs), monthly reports, feasibility study reports and technical sections of the tender documents
- Master degree in engineering or, business or sciences. In the absence of master’s degree, demonstrable experience of at least 15 years of IT project management in agribusiness domainis required.
- A certificate such as project management professional certification (PMP) is preferred
- At least 10 years in the design of agribusiness management systems, agrometeorology techniques and use of Internet-of-things (IoT) techniques.
6 person-months, intermittent