Agriculture & Finance Consultants GmbH (AFC) is a private German consulting firm focusing on agriculture/agribusiness and financial sector development projects in developing and transition countries (www.afci.de). AFC is a member of the GOPA Consulting Group, Germany's largest group of consulting firms in development cooperation with an annual turnover of approx. EUR 200 million in 2019.
We employ 60 permanent staff members in our headquarters in Bonn and around 730 professionals in 87 offices worldwide. AFC currently implements more than 90 projects in Africa, Asia, Europe and Latin America for internationally renowned clients such as GIZ, KfW, EIB, EU, ADB and the World Bank.
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
As part of the continuing expansion of our financial sector development segment, we are looking for a Senior Project Manager/ Consultant, in particular in the field of agriculture finance.
Our services in Financial Sector Development focus on Innovative Solutions for Financial Sector Development in our fields of work:
Micro and SME Finance, Financial Institutions Development, Agriculture & Value Chain Finance, Green Finance, Insurance Systems, Financial Literacy, Banking Regulations & Supervision and Digital Finance
- Coordination of new project acquisition, including technical offers and the selection of project staff
- Organizing and conducting fact-finding missions as required
- Coordination of the implementation of ongoing projects: technical and financial management (backstopping) and monitoring current projects while taking into account the formal requirements of the contracting organization
- Direct counterpart as project manager for project team on-site and for donor organizations
- Close cooperation with the consortium partners and local partners
- Opportunity to further develop technical expertise via short-term missions
- Building and maintaining a professional network with the various donor organizations and the beneficiaries (e.g. banks and microfinance institutions in developing and emerging countries).
- A position in our headquarter in Bonn with regular missions abroad
- An attractive salary
- Subsidy for public transport in the region (Jobticket)
- Short communication and decision-making processes
- The ability to work autonomously and result-oriented
- An excellent work atmosphere in a motivated, multicultural team with competent colleagues
- Continuous training and skill development
- Master university degree in economics, finance, business administration or similar
- Min 7 years of professional experience in development cooperation
- Min 7 years of professional experience in the field of financial sector development and agricultural finance
- Working experience in the consulting sector and/or in consulting for financial institutions (banks, NBFIs, MFIs, etc.) in the context of development cooperation would be a high advantage
- A strong interest in agriculture finance and related topics
- Outstanding written communications skills in English; another language would be an advantage
- Willingness to travel and work abroad
- Flexibility, ability to work independently, as well as excellent team work, communication and presentation skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
Please send your application until 2 March 2020. Interviews will take place in the second half of March.
Please note that only candidates matching the above criteria will be contacted.
Interested candidates should send their complete application (motivation letter – maximum one page, CV, work references and certificates) by email to:
Ms Barbara Braun, HR/ Recruiting,
Phone: +49 228 923940 42