The aim of this mission is to to support tourism marketing in the Maloti Drakensberg Transfrontier Conservation Area, covering Lesotho and South Africa. There are three distinct work packages which can be tendered on by individuals, consortiums or specialist companies:
- Content Development: The first task will be to analyse what destination collateral/content is currently available, where it is distributed (in terms of a destination brochure) and what other platforms (online and other) the content is shared on
- Copy Editing: Proofreading to ensure that written text produced by the Content Developer is concise, consistent and both grammatically and factually correct;
(ii) Ensuring that sentences are easy to read and that concepts expressed are in a logical and sequential manner;
(iii) Establishing the style (i.e. ‘look and feel’) of content developed for the brochure, ensuring that the usage and spelling or words and presentation of information is consistent.
- Graphic Design: Ensure the brochure is produced in line with GIZ corporate communication guidelines;
(ii) Custom photo editing;
(iii) A map of the Maloti Drakensberg TFCA that uses creative animations to illustrate tourism offerings, accessibility routes (air and overland), visa requirements, park entry requirements, and any additional information for travelers to ensure ease of transboundary / cross border movement.
(iv) A creative and innovative brochure idea for integrated print, electronic, web-based and animated presentation and distribution;
(v) A template for the Maloti Drakensberg TFCA that allows for time and cost efficient updating, customisation/adaptation for the development of additional brochures; and
(vi) Compilation of all information including design and layout for the brochure in a manner that achieves the stated objectives.
Further information, incl. ToR for each package can be found here
Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Tourism or any other related degree
- 5 years prioe work expereince in the relevant sector ( Content Development, Editing, Graphic Design)
- 2 to 3 years of experience in web-related marketing;
- Excellent English Language skills (written and verbal)
- A bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English or a related field
- Familiarity with Southern African nature-based tourism sector;
- Proven experience providing working with a wide range of stakeholders from the public and private tourism sectors to generate collective/collaborative efforts;
The deadline for submission is 21 October 2019.