Over the past few years, learning and training have been changed by rapid developments in the use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
With the spread of the covid-19, countries are implementing emergency plans to slow down and limit the spread of the virus – and prepare for a possible longer term disruption and future reorganization of daily life.
Based on previous work done within the projects implemented by AFC, the expert will continue collecting and analysing data on digitalization status and trends, policies and strategies, challenges for rural and urban areas, paying attention to gender aspects of digital divide; as well as assist in monitoring indicators on digitalization in the region and other information in support of programme of work (digital index);
Potential tasks of the experts:
- Collect and analyse applications and digital services offered by public and private sectors as well as the civil society in relation to digital learning in order to integrate some of them in response to COVID-19 crisis and future projects and activities related to digital preparedness;
- Collect and document innovations, good and promising practices on digital agriculture and contribute to the normative work of the Regional Office related to digitalization;
- Appraise capacity development needs relating to digitalization in the countries of the region, including identification of digital skills gaps, existing e-learning and online training programmes;
- Assist with the development of project ideas, and participate in the preparation of draft project proposals in the area of digitalization; and
- Perform other related duties as required.
Technical / Functional Skills