The LDDP project seeks to promote climate resilient productivity growth, enhance market access' and improve risk management among smallholder farmers and Agro-entrepreneurs, by providing support for climate smart production systems, farmer empowement and commercialization.
The project will foster a market-led transformation of livestock production, while ensuring that the supply response to growing demand is sustainable, inclusive, safe, and environmentally conscious. To this end, the project will improve the ecosystem for value chain development by financing key infrastructures including markets, and access to market, insurance and financial products and services, capacity building and knowledge.
Climate resilient livestock production systems will be developed through the promotion of appropriate climate smart agriculture (CSA) practices addressing feeding strategies, animal health and welfare, animal husbandry and breeding, as well as manure and (including waste management production of energy), improved storage and processing it. Existing experience to foster the generation of renewable energy from solar.
The project is designed and will be implemented taking into consideration the different gender roles. The project will actively pursue the participation of women across all project activities.
- Advanced degree in engineering/energy/enviromental sciences with minimum 7 years of internationa experience in renewable energy including design and management of renewable energy and particulary bio gas production;
- Proven record of working similar type of project in similar enviroment;
- Proven experience in technical assessment of renewable energy and bio gas production in the national/international scenario;
- Demonstraed knowledge and understanding of energy/enviroment related sectors in Bangladesh or in the countreis of the region;
- Good understanding in setting up renewable energy and bio gas production in conjunction with processing operations
The assignment/study period shall be of in the framework of the LDDP program. A five years duration from the date of commencement of the LDDP program is envisaged. Currently the project is at the start of its 2nd year which means that a 4 years implementation period is remaining starting from the 1st January 2020.