The agricultural education sector was transferred to the Ministry of Education and Science (MBS) of Ukraine in 2015 as part of the general reform process (previously, the Ministry of Agriculture and Food, MAPE, was responsible for agricultural education). Responsible for the content of agricultural education is the agency Agroosvita, which has been under the Ministry of Education since 2015, and from September 2019 will be responsible for all vocational education as the "Scientific-Methodological Centre for Higher and Further Vocational Education (WMZ VFPO)".
FABU supports the objective of the Action Plan and the National Strategy of the Ukrainian Government to adapt the agricultural vocational training system to the requirements of the market and thus to a modern, efficient and environmentally sound agriculture.
Overall responsibility for the implementation of the results and for the achievement of the project objective in the function of the team leader,
- Ensure constructive cooperation between all project partners,
- Establishment and management of an impact-oriented M&E system,
- Technical planning, coordination and conception of the work areas,
- Integration of political partners in decision-making processes and regular, comprehensible presentation of the project processes,
- Interaction with German institutes and institutions as far as these areare relevant for the implementation of the project approach,
- Conception, coordination and support of KZF operations,
- Regular Reporting to client.
Minimum Necessary Requirements / Exclusion Criteria:
- Completed University degree (Master or equivalent),
- Ten years of professional experience,
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken German.
- Other qualifications / experience to be considered positively as part of the assessment (an advantage):
- Academic degree in Agricultural Science, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Sociologist or equivalent qualification,
- Many years of experience (7 years or more) in the field of dual agricultural education, particularly in curriculum development, development of in-service training systems for teachers and interaction between school-based and vocational training.
- Knowledge of the functioning of the BMEL and its associated authorities,
- Knowledge of German/European education policy in the agricultural sector.
Regional expertise and language skills
- Professional experience in the agricultural sector in Eastern Europe, preferably in Ukraine,
- Good English skills, both written and and written,
- Ukrainian and/or Russian language skills.
- Competence to lead complex projects,
- Integration of actors from different areas of work and responsibility and areas of responsibility,
- Ability to communicate and present complex issues,
- Experience in a socio-culturally, economically and politically challenging environment.
From 01.12. 2021 –to 31.12.2024 with the option of a one-year extension until 31.12.2025