The Climate-Friendly Agribusiness Value Chains Sector Project supports implementing the government’s Agriculture Development Strategy (ADS), 2018-2023 and the National Export Strategy, 2015-2019 by boosting competitiveness in value chains for rice, beans, pulses, and oilseeds in the Magway, Mandalay, and Sagaing regions in the Central Dry Zone (CDZ). The project will increase climate resilience for critical rural infrastructure, promote quality and safety testing capacity, strengthen technical and institutional capacity for climate smart agriculture (CSA), and create an enabling policy environment for climate-friendly agribusinesses. The project will reduce food insecurity and rural poverty, increase smallholders’ incomes and access to markets, and improve resource efficiency and environmental sustainability for agribusinesses.
The project aims to create an enabling environment that reduces the incidence of poverty, malnutrition, and food insecurity among the rural poor. The project is aligned with the following impact: agricultural competitiveness improved. The project will have the following outcome: productive and resource-efficient agribusiness value chains in project areas developed.
The scope of work includes:
- Identify financial institutions that have an interested in developing their agricultural portfolios and receiving project assistance;
- Develop environmental and climate screening criteria and tools to guide FIs' lending activities;
- Build capacity of FIs for evaluating loans against these environmental and climate risk screening criteria; and
- Help integrate mitigation and adaptation opportunities into FIs' lending activities.
- Experience working in a private bank managing loans for agribusiness investment;
- Experience of climate finance and/or climate-friendly financial products;
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills;
- Relevant degree e.g. in banking, finance, or agricultural economics with courses in finance;
- Relevant work experience of at least 10 years for the international. For the national at least 5 years of relevant working experience.