The objective of this TA operation is to help to deepen the understanding of the financial sector and access to finance in the Southern Neighbourhood, by launching a Bank Lending Survey in the Region. Ultimately, this will also support a well-informed dialogue of the EIB with the European Commission, EU member states, partner countries, local banks and other stakeholders about banking sector trends and private sector development in the Southern Neighbourhood. Moreover, the SNBLS would inform the EIB’s internal strategic and operational considerations on promoting access to finance, entrepreneurship, job creation and private sector development in the Southern Neighbourhood.
Qualifications and skills
- University Degree in Economics, Finance or Business Administration.
- Fluency in English and French (written and spoken). Knowledge of Arabic would be an advantage.
- Computer literacy including ability to use the advanced functions of MS office to create reports and customised spreadsheets for financial analysis and management reporting purposes.
General professional experience
- Preferably 10 years of experience in development finance. Work experience in the Southern Neighbourhood would be an advantage.
- Good management skills and similar experience of working in a key expert/management position on an IFI/donor financed TA operation projects in the past 5 years would be an advantage.
Specific professional experience
- In-depth understanding of the banking sectors in the Southern Neighbourhood, preferably evidenced by 15 years of professional experience. Work experience gained in different countries in the region would be an advantage. Thorough understanding of access to financing constraints in the region would be an advantage.
- Strong professional network in the region’s banks acquired through similar projects would be an advantage.
From May onwards