Title of the Project: Technical Assistance to enhance Farmer Capacity in Agribusiness and Sustainability of Irrigation Schemes and Development of Feasibility Studies for potential irrigation sites, Malawi
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is to build capacity of farmer organisations in the EU developed schemes to enhance agribusiness skills and sustainability of the infrastructure whilst ensuring that environmental management plans are implemented.
The expected results are as follows:
- Result 1: Technical expertise provided to irrigation communities in Cooperative development, agribusiness and Water Users empowerment.
- Result 2: Community capacity built in catchment management including alternative livelihood interventions.
- Result 3: Conducting feasibility studies to attract other development partners and private sector development in line with the Irrigation Master Plan and Investment Framework.
- Hold at least a Master‘s degree in agricultural economics/agriculture/agribusiness, food sciences/technology, agriculture finance or a first degree in a related discipline with at least eight (8) years of relevant experience, five (5) of which should be in multilateral development institutions in Agriculture and / or agribusiness management as a professional, and three (3) years of which should be at a managerial level.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in conducting qualitative and quantitative research.
- Fluency in English.
General professional experience :
- Must have at least 5 years experience as a Team Leader.
- Must possess excellent transfer of knowledge skills through at least 3 years experience of capacity building initiatives.
- Must have at least 5 years experience working in sub-Saharan Africa, preferably in COMESA and/or SADC regions.
Specific professional experience:
- Must have at least 5 years experience in farmer cooperative development, strengthening and capacity building.
- Must have at least 5 years experience in developing agriculture based business investments in a developing country.
- Must have at least 4 years' experience in the establishment of agribusiness platforms and commodity value chain levels in developing countries.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience in coaching staff members in agribusiness and farmer cooperatives.
Duty Duration: A minimum of 330 working days over a period of 36 calendar months.