Agriculture & Finance Consultants GmbH (AFC) is a private German consulting firm focusing on agriculture/agribusiness and financial sector development projects in developing and transition countries. We employ almost 60 permanent staff members at our headquarters in Bonn/Germany and on average 880 external consultants throughout the year implementing projects for various donor organizations (e.g. ADB, AFD, EBRD, EIB, EU, GIZ, KfW, World Bank) in one of our 88 offices abroad. AFC is a member of GOPA Consulting Group, Germany's largest group of consulting firms in development cooperation.
As part of the continuing expansion of our financial sector development departement, we are looking for a Junior Project Manager/ Visibility Advisor.
Our services in Financial Sector Development focus on:
Project Management, including
- technical and financial backstopping, monitoring project budgets while taking into account the formal requirements of the contracting organizations;
- Direct counterpart for project team on-site and for donor organizations;
- Close cooperation with the consortium partners and local partners;
- Opportunity to further develop technical expertise via short-term missions.
Project Acquisition Coordination, including
- technical offers and the selection of project staff;
- Organizing and conducting fact-finding missions as required.
Visibility support, including
- You advise on communication matters ;
- You are responsible that our online presence is always up to date and manage AFC visibility online tools (website, social media);
- You support the entire content creation process and its implementation through the definition and visualization of engaging content in text, picture & video formats;
- You aid our project teams in all facets of communication and visibility (like social media, website development & branding);
- You analyze feedback and report relevant results back to the team ;
Technical and/or Methodical Expertise, contributing to the development of tools, prepare presentations or articles etc., as applicable to strengthen AFC’s competitive position and network.
- Master degree in economics, business administration or similar;
- Minimum of 1 year professional experience in development cooperation, e.g. through internships or first job role;
- First working experience in the consulting sector and/or in financial institutions (banks, NBFIs, MFIs, etc.) would be a high advantage;
- Outstanding written communications skills in English (C1); French would be an advantage;
- Experience with digital communication, content management on relevant social media channels esp. LinkedIn would be a high advantage
- Excellent communication skills and team work attitude, actively contributing to the success and strength of the team, also amidst remote communication conditions (e. g. through MS Teams etc.);
- Capability to pursue set targets self-driven within the usual project constraints (budget, period);
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- With a position in our modern headquarter in Bonn, work and live in one of the most vibrant and attractive regions of Germany;
- Regular missions abroad;
- An attractive remuneration package including e. g. subsidy for public transport in the region (‘Jobticket’);
- Short communication and decision-making processes;
- The ability to work autonomously and result-oriented;
- An excellent work atmosphere in a motivated, intercultural team with exceptionally experienced colleagues;
- Continuous training and skill development.
Interested candidates should upload their complete application (motivation letter – maximum one page, CV, work references and certificates) here
Please note, that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.