The main objective of this assignment is to undertake a diagnostic study of the current challenges, lessons learned, and provide recommendations for the strengthening of the sector after the completion of the resolution of the SDIs in 2019. The project will be expected to come out with recommendations to enhancing the regulatory and supervisory framework for SDIs and Credit Unions, to promote consolidation and reduce regulatory arbitrage.
- Degree in Economics/Accounting/Banking/Finance or relevant professional qualification;
- Minimum of 15 years relevant experience in the formulation of financial sector policies, such as the design of regulatory and supervisory frameworks, assessment of financial sector soundness and stability, financial sector restructuring, and access to finance;
- Working knowledge of the banking sector, especially of the SDI sector in Ghana or similar experience elsewhere around the world;
- Familiarity with SDI regulation and supervision in Ghana or elsewhere, as well as with associated supervisory architecture;
- Good understanding of the risk associated with MFI operations;
- Experience in training/capacity building and good presentation skills;
- Excellent English communication skills (both oral and written).
The duration of this assignment will be 6 months. The assignment will be undertaken in Accra, with visits to SDIs outside Accra. (eg. Kumasi).