Agriculture & Finance Consultants GmbH (AFC) is a private German consulting firm focusing on agricultural, agribusiness and financial development projects in developing and transition countries. AFC was established in 1973. In 2007, AFC Consultants International GmbH became a member of GOPA Consulting Group, Germany's largest group of consulting firms in development cooperation.
Our services for public organisations and private companies cover in Agriculture & Agribusiness the whole range from primary production to processing and marketing. Financial Sector Development focuses on developing tailor-made credit and saving products and establishing an appropriate regulation and supervision system.
For the finance management / controlling of our projects in our office in Ramadi (Iraq), we are looking for a highly experienced and motivated finance professional
Finance Manger (f/m/d)
The Finance Manager based in Ramadi (Iraq) will take over the overall finance management of projects in the country
- Provides financial information to AFC management and Team Leader by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information in accordance with AFC and GIZ financial requirements and procedures.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Relevant degree in a specific field of study, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, or other relevant fields
- Fluent in Arabic and solid working knowledge in English
- At least 4 years of demonstrated experience in an INGO or UN Agencies in similar position
- Solid professional experiences in the Ramadi region
- Experiences with funding and operation mechanisms in humanitarian and transitional aid (e.g. BMZ ECHO, UN OCHA, UNDP, DFID, Unicef)
- Excellent donor financial reporting skills
- Excellent in English (written & oral)
- Motivated, proactive team member and pro-active working attitude
- Flexibility, ability to work under stress and capacity to meet tight deadlines
- Able to work independently and pro-active
Nice to have:
- Experiences with WINPACCS or similar financial management tools
AFC is committed to creating an inclusive working environment, promoting and providing equal opportunities in employment. Female applicants are given preference in the case of equal suitability.
Any employment with AN will be subject to the following checks prior to your start date:
- receipt of satisfactory references
- proof of eligibility to work in the national locations for this position
Position to be filled: by 01. February 2022
Duration: 2 years contract with a 6 months probationary period, extension is desired and planned. The position is based in Ramadi and includes occasional travel. The contract is subject to the project approval by the donor.