Climate change mitigation and environmental protection are among the most pressing issues in global development cooperation. AFC provides technical assistance at different levels to encourage climate/sustainable finance and thus support sustainable development and strengthening of domestic financial markets. We assist financial institutions (FIs) in entering climate finance markets.
For upcoming projects, we are looking for seasoned experts with proven experience from the following topics:
- evelopment and structuring of innovative financial instruments and investment projects in relation to climate change
- usiness development with a successful track record in climate finance related activities
- Climate risk assessment, mitigation, and adaptation advisory
- Research and analyses
- GHG mapping and reporting technics and tools.
- A university degree in technical disciplines in the field of environmental finance, environmental and natural resource management, sustainable finance, environment economics or related fields;
- At least 5 years of relevant and progressively responsible experience in (either – or):
- climate finance with a demonstrated ability to research complex economic and financial topics relating to climate finance;
- development and structuring of innovative climate financial instruments and products;
- training and capacity building of financial institutions with a proven ability to work for audiences with various levels of understanding and experience;
- climate change, energy efficiency and renewable energy, biodiversity and ecosystems, environmental and social management, or related fields;
- public and private sectors related to climate finance, development and implementation of strategies on climate finance;
- providing international technical assistance and developing project proposals with reknown development partners such as European Union, World Bank, Green Climate Fund, Global Environment Facility, KfW, GIZ, amongst other.
- Experience working on financial reporting standards and financial regulations is an asset.
- 8 years of international experiences. Experience with least developed countries an advantage.